March 1, 2019 - Important Notice to Customers
As a result of OptiGen's April 2018 acquisition by Mars Petcare/Wisdom Health, many of OptiGen's processes are transitioning as they are merged with Wisdom Health's testing operations. This transition is requiring certain changes or elimination of some of the services that OptiGen's customers have come to expect over the years and we feel it is important for you to be aware of them so you may plan accordingly.
Please note that as of March 1, 2019 the following changes are in effect:
- Typical Turn Around Time for OptiGen reports will be increased from the previous ~2 weeks to at least 3-4 weeks for most tests. Certain tests, including DMS and Type B PRA and as well as any that are performed by Antagene in France may take longer.
- RUSH orders are No longer available.
- Cheek Swab kits will no longer be sent by OptiGen. You may order swabs via EZSwab.com or you may find them in certain local pharmacies. See OptiGen's webpage for details http://www.optigen.com/opt9_cheekswb.html
- Test reports for DMS and Type B PRA will be mailed ONLY; they will no longer be sent electronically as scanned PDFs.
- This quarter (1Q19) will be the last issuance of the quarterly reports to breed clubs and health registries. For those interested in frequencies of certain mutations in a breed, please see the website "https://www.mybreeddata.com" for real-time updates of most disorder-causing mutations.
Please check the OptiGen home page in the coming days for any updates as further changes are expected.